We are a well-known name within the training industry – and it’s all thanks to our incredible team and the wonderful work they do for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for a JUNIOR COURSE ADMINISTRATOR
The position is at our Head Office, Chipping Norton.
The role involves a varied range of tasks and responsibilities and would suit someone at the start of their career.
Typically regular tasks are as follows:
- Answering inbound customer enquiries.
- Organising training courses - liaising with customers, venues and tutors.
- Course booking administration - including sending out joining instructions and updating customer records.
- Collating materials for courses - including printing and proof reading course support materials and creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Helping to produce new course support materials.
- Updating website content.
- Greeting visitors to the office.
- Preparing and setting up training rooms - including organising refreshments and catering requirements for courses held at our own training centre.
- Contacting customers to inform them of new courses and special offers.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Helping to prepare and send promotional marketing materials.
- Typing and proof reading of customer proposals.
The role is constantly evolving and these duties will change over time in line with business requirements.
The person we are seeking must have the following qualities:
- A clear speaking voice with warm telephone manner
- Computer Literacy - Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Typing skills (minimum 35 WPM) and office administration experience.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- A willingness to train and develop both their existing and new skills.
The candidate would have an advantage if:
- Sales experience
- Experience of Adobe Captivate
- Previous, or current, employment in a similar position.
- Live within ten mile radius of Chipping Norton.
- Due to the fact that we have customers regularly visiting the office, we have a dress code – smart office clothes. Jeans, shorts or other casual wear are not permitted.
- Staff are expected to be able to take initiative and work independently as well as part of the team.
- All employees are encouraged to undertake development training.
- Responsibility for work quality lies with the individual and high standards are expected.
- This is a junior position and the starting salary will be between £12,000 and £13,500 depending on age and experience.
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.)
In the first instance, please forward your cv to email@example.com
The Spearhead Training Group is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination in its policies and practices. It will not discriminate against groups or individuals on the grounds of colour, ethnicity, race, nationality, sex, marital status, disability, sexuality, class, age, language, career’s responsibilities or religion.
The group will ensure that its offices are fully accessible and will encourage and persuade its key partners to do likewise.
This group will strive to become anti-discriminatory and inclusive of communities and groups that have traditionally been marginalised in society.
This group will take positive action permissible under the law to promote equality of opportunity and the involvement of all members of the community in its activities and in the way in these activities are designed, delivered and managed.
This group will strive to create an organisational environment where there is scope for debate and dialogue and a culture of anti-discriminatory practices, innovation and creative risk taking.
This policy will be publicly displayed in the organisation’s offices and distributed to:
- All our key partner agencies
- Associates (potential and existing ones)
- Potential job applicants
The policy will be used as a part of any public relations and marketing that the group carries out in order to inform all our partners about what our organisation believes in and stands for.
The group will ensure that any training materials or promotional materials that it produces will not play on stereotypes or prejudices and strive to promote positive, anti-discriminatory messages. Similarly the office environment will be free of discriminatory and oppressive imagery and culture.
All staff will be recruited through the use of:
- A declared recruitment procedure – job description, job specification, representative short listing and interview panel.
- Proper contracts and terms and conditions of employment.
Exit interviews will be conducted when staff leaves in order to assess the current demands of the job.
All post advertisements will carry a summary statement of the equal opportunities policy.
All staff and associates are to uphold this Equal Opportunities policy. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Violence, intimidation and harassment on any grounds will also be dealt with under the same.
If people want to make a complaint about discrimination, procedures for this are laid down in the company's Grievance Procedures.