Whilst we offer a very wide range of ready to run in-company programmes, our customised (tailored) and bespoke training options are the natural choice where the training need is likely to be special, e.g. when particular emphasis needs to be given to one particular area of knowledge or behaviour such as attitudes to customers, making business proposals or appraising staff.
Tailored and Bespoke training ensures that the material is appropriate and makes the best use of training time. Sometimes what might take three days to cover in an open course (because of the need to consider different delegate situations) can be covered in two days on an 'in-company' course. Saving time and money as well as enhancing delegates' interest and programme absorption.
Tailoring allows you to change the topics presented, or alter the emphasis given to particular sections of a programme. We can tailor any of our pre-designed (standard) in-company programmes, or you can design your own tailored course using our Mix and Match modules
Bespoke training is where we design a training course or programme exclusively for you. Bespoke training often start with an assessment or training audit to determine the level of need. The programme(s) can also be followed up to see that the desired change takes place in ways that are not viable for delegates attending public (or 'open') courses.
Bespoke training is particularly cost effective. The courses are only as long as they need to be to satisfy the objectives. The tutor travels to the delegates so their travel and hotel bills are saved.
However, we know that you have to justify every pound spent on bespoke training. So isn't it reassuring to know that we include as “standard” the following in all of our fully bespoke in company training programmes:
Before the Bespoke Training Programme:
- Preparatory Meeting(s) – As required to ensure our training courses are designed to cover the topics needed to achieve your learning objectives, fit your unique circumstances, and make the best use of valuable training time.
- Production of course content – research and design of exercises, case studies, roleplays and hand-outs to support skill development during training and ensure interactivity.
- Preparation packs – designed for each course we run for you and used to ensure your delegates are prepared to take full advantage of the training they are about to receive.
- Effective Learning Guide for delegates – a specially written booklet exclusive to Spearhead Training to assist adult learners get the most from classroom based training sessions.
- Line Mangers Support Guide – specialist advice and guidance written by Spearhead Training for delegates’ line managers, helping them support the training effort.
- Venue Advice – Venue sourcing/advice service to ensure the venue provides the right environment for intensive learning
- Production of course materials – preparation of all course materials, (optional) branding with your company logo, shipping to your venue (courier charges)
During the Bespoke Training Programme:
- A Spearhead Tutor – one of our own expert tutors, allocated to you for the duration of the programme
- Name Cards
- Writing Materials
- Course Folders
- Course Certificates
- Supply of specialist equipment needed for the course(s)
After the Bespoke Training Programme:
- Full Course Support Materials – a post-course pack of reference materials and exercises for delegates on-going development.
- Delegate Advice Line – a dedicated help line manned by our tutors that delegates can use for additional individual support.
- Course Assessment – delegate and tutor feedback on the effectiveness of training
- Programme De-briefing – with senior management to provide feedback and recommendations.
If required, we can include training for most subjects within bespoke programmes. This is possible through our network links with other specialists. For example we have included software training for salespeople within mainly selling skills programmes, print layout in marketing workshops and detailed employment law in management courses.
We are happy to help you identify the right training for you and provide you with details of our charges. Simply complete the enquiry form and one of our Course Directors will call you to discuss your needs and provide free, no obligation, advice.
"Surprised that the time went so quickly! Shows I was engaged with the training."ME Karcher
"There was a lot of interaction with the other delegates which was very good way to learn"LT Kidde Safe
"I felt the course was extremely helpful and delivered well with a range of activities to keep our interest and help our understanding"RC Yuasa Battery Sales (UK) Ltd