There are five core modules which build into a complete online project management training programme. The modules can also be taken individually and mixed with our other online management training modules, so you can build your own self-development course.
Details of the five modules in this series are presented below - please take the time to view them and if you have any questions then do please contact us.
Special Introductory Price: £9.99 per module, or £45 for all 5 modules purchased together.
(All prices exclude VAT)
You have 20 days to complete individual modules and 6 months to complete if you buy all 5 modules together.
The range of online project management modules are as follows:
Module 1: Starting a Project
Being asked to manage a project can be daunting. This module looks at how projects differ from other work and the new skills you will need to master. It identifies the various roles and responsibilities of the project team and covers the critical activities associated with starting a project.
- To understand the key differences between a project an other types of work
- To identify the skills needed by a project manager and the distinct roles & responsibilities of the project team
- To understand the six distinct phases of the project lifecycle
- To learn how to start a project successfully.
- What is a project?
- The triple constraints
- The skills required by a project manager
- Understanding the project lifecycle
- Project deliverables
- Project management roles and responsibilities
- Starting a project
Module 2: Project Planning Methods
This module looks at the planning phase of the project. It covers a number of key project management planning methods that will allow you to produce detailed project plans.
- To understand why good planning is critical to project success
- To learn how to produce detailed project plans
- Project planning
- Scope management
- Organising the deliverables – the WBS
- Determining the work sequence
- Estimating activity durations
- Assigning resources
- PERT planning and the critical path
- Communications planning
Module 3: Controlling the Project
This module looks at how to control a project, including the identification and management of risk.
- To learn how to do a risk analysis
- To learn how to monitor the progress of a project
- To understand the importance of managing change requests
- To review the 9 key documents that must be managed
- To understand the role of project meetings in the control process
- Controlling Risks
- - Risk Identification
- - Risk Assessment
- - Risk Control
- Monitoring & Controlling a Project
- - Monitoring Progress
- - GANNT Charts
- - Change Order Management
- - Document Management
- Project Meetings
Module 4: Managing the Project Team
The project manager must not only manage the project but also the people. Projects involve change and this often leads to conflicts. This module focuses on the people side of project management, including managing conflict.
- To learn how to put a project team together
- To understand the stages of project team growth
- To look at leadership styles and skills
- To learn how to manage conflicts
- The people side of project management
- Putting a project team together
- Belbin’s research – the 8 roles
- Stages of team growth
- Leadership styles
- Project leadership skills
- What is conflict
- The cost of unresolved conflict
- Approaches to managing conflict
Module 5: Communication Skills for Project Managers
Project managers must become skilled communicators. This module focuses on developing your communication skills.
- To understand the need for, and barriers to, effective communication
- To learn the techniques of active listening and effective questioning
- To learn how to communicate more effectively with others
- To review the principles for effective project meetings
- The need for effective communication
- Problems of communication
- Active listening techniques
- Questioning skills
- Overcoming the barriers of communicating clearly
- Planning your communication
- Better project meetings
Please see the on line training page for details of the format of each module and for FAQ's
How to Order
If you are ordering our online project management modules for yourself then there are three ways you can do this:
1) Complete the online order form on the right of this page.
2) Call our Customer Service Advisors on 01608 644144 and they will take your order.
3) Email us with details of your requirements at email@example.com (you can also use this email to request a booking form, which we will email to you)
An invoice will be sent on receipt of your order, and once payment has been received we will send you an email with your unique pass key. This allows you to access your online project management modules. If you want to pay by credit card or by debit card then your invoice will contain a secure link so that you can pay for the modules you order using PayPal.
If you are a corporate customer and require online project management training for multiple users, please see the corporate online training section for purchasing options and ordering information.
Terms & Conditions
Each pass key is active for 20 days per module you purchase. Therefore, if you purchase three modules the pass key is active for 60 days and so on. If all five modules are purchased together, you will get a total of six months to complete the entire course.
Each pass key is for a single user only and the user’s name must be entered to access the modules.
Each pass key can be used by the named user on up to separate three devices, but not simultaneously. If Spearhead detects that pass keys are being used by multiple users then the pass key access will be removed immediately.
Reproduction or re-use of the material (including the downloadable materials) for anything other than personal use is strictly forbidden. Spearhead material cannot be used for any other purposes.
"The real life examples were so important to help me understand how I can use tools in practice"SK Omega Pharma Ltd
"Excellent method of training"KT Baader