- the right way to win business on the telephone
A 1-day workshop
Selling by telephone is arguably more difficult than face to face selling. This workshop covers all key aspects of telephone sales: from cold calling to appointment making, objection handling and closing.
Many telephone sales tips are included, making it a "must" for those who have to react positively and be able to persuade pleasantly.
Mastering the art of selling by telephone requires an understanding about why and how people make decisions to buy. To positively influence, you must know about effective telephone sales techniques and make sure that you are not using high pressure tactics. A good telephone manner is obvious - but there is a lot more to it than just remembering to smile!
Who will benefit from attending?
This telesales training is designed for those who currently perform a sales function, or who are about to perform a sales function, by telephone. Our telesales training courses are suitable for those who use the telephone to make a sale or to make sales appointments.
What you will get from attending:
- A full understanding of the steps of successful telephone selling
- Practice of effective sales communication techniques that will positively influence others at each stage of the call
- Tips and action points for each stage of the sales process that can be utilised to improve your results
- Increased personal confidence
- To examine the varying types of telephone sales call and accept the importance of setting objectives.
- To understand why and how people make decisions to buy and clarify the benefits of the products and/or services you sell.
- To plan the call and discuss effective sales communication techniques that will positively influence others.
- To increase self-confidence.
The Vital Importance of First Impressions
Why People Buy
Planning Outgoing Calls
Making Cold Calls
Opening a Call Positively
Using Benefits Effectively
Building Your Case
Dealing with Questions
Closing the Call and Securing the Business
Individual Self Development
Testimonials for Telephone Sales
"Great tutor - clear and understanding. Course was great in terms of practical tasts." HW, GMTV
"All areas of the course were covered very well." KR, Metrix
"All areas were dealt with well and my questions answered." DW, Audio Visual Machines
"Brilliant course. Very helpful and looking forward to putting everything in to practice." KF, Abscissa.Com
This telephone sales training one day workshop starts by looking at the challenges of selling using the telephone. Each step of the sales process is then covered from planning calls, the first contact, the introduction and what to say... through to establishing the customer's needs, making your sales case, objection handling and closing. Our telephone sales courses are practical and pragmatic. There are exercises and telesales tips at each key stage of this telephone training workshop to provide delegates with the opportunity to develop their skills. Our telephone sales training courses use individual review and support from the tutor to build delegate's confidence.
What is included in the fee?
All materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on all telesales courses.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Introduction to Selling – a fast track introduction to the world of face-to-face selling.
- Effective Written Communication – the principles and practice of effective business writing.
- Time Management – Improve your personal effectiveness
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our Telephone Sales course, then we will refund your course fee.