Introduction to Selling
- a fast track introduction to the world of selling
A 2-day open course
Perfect for building a good foundation for those new to selling, Introduction to Selling is for everyone who requires the knowledge and skills to work as a competent, professional salesperson.
How to sell without resorting to high pressure techniques is the essence of professional selling as taught in this programme. The principles of effective selling are fully explained and related to each delegate’s business. Delegates are shown how to apply the principles in face-to-face situations with customers.
This is a very intensive, participative programme in which delegates are given individual exercises and guidance.
The course starts off by examining the role of the sales person followed by identifying the qualities that make sales people successful. Delegates will then be taken through the steps of the selling process with exercises at each key stage so that each delegate can apply the points to their own business. Feedback and tutor review will be given to develop best practice in each situation. Therefore, both the background theory and the hands-on application are included over two highly interactive days.
Who will benefit from attending?
This selling skills course is suitable for those who are new to selling and who need to know how to work as a professional salesperson. It is also suitable for those who require an understanding of the sales process (such as sales support staff).
What you will get from attending:
- A comprehensive understanding of the principles of effective selling
- A solid foundation of sales skills that will build your competence as a professional sales person
- Tips and ideas that you can immediately apply to become more effective in your sales role
- Individual expert guidance to help you develop good selling skills habits and adopt best practice
- To introduce a proven 'workable' sales process.
- To provide delegates with the tools and techniques to sell product/service and THEMSELVES!
- To engender confidence and instil comfort in a sales role.
Defining the Role of the Salesperson
The Consultative Sales Process
Why People Will Buy From You
- Motivating Customers to Buy
- Identifying Potential Benefits to Customers
Making it Hard for the Competition
Developing Your Own Sales Plan
The Process of Customer Selection
-Targeting the Right Customers
The Importance of New Business
Preparing to Make a Sale
- Selling Yourself
- The Sale Before the Sale
The Importance of Call Objectives
Structuring Customer Meetings
Opening the Sale
Establishing Customer Needs
- Questioning Techniques
- Using the Spearhead WIN-CLIENT Questioning Model
- Building a Sales Case
- Creating Value for Money
Presenting Your Sales Case
Answering Customer’s Objections
- The Different Kinds of Objections and Strategies for Dealing With Them.
- Price Handling Techniques
Closing the Sale and Securing the Business
Your Personal Plan for the Future
- What Each Delegate Needs to Work at to ensure His/Her Success
Testimonials for Introduction to Selling
"Very relevant to helping me in my new role." KS, MBA Polymers
"All very good - very happy with the course overall." RB, Uxbridge College
"Very happy with the course. Well structured and well explained." HW, Algeos
"Very engaging and I felt at ease to ask questions and comment." JS, Timet UK Ltd
The sales cycle is covered so that delegates build their consultative selling skills. The tutor encourages each delegate to identify and build an individual action plan to record the the key actions that they will use to apply the selling skills taught and use these in their sales role.
What is included in the fee?
All materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on this programme.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Essential Sales Skills – Improve your sales skills and close more orders
- Sales Negotiation Skills - minimise concessions and conclude good deals in tough markets
- Financial Awareness - everything you need to know for the non-specialist
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our Introduction to Selling course, then we will refund your course fee.