- building business partnerships
A 3-day open course with local accommodation available if required.
Learn how to manage your key accounts professionally by building business partnerships with this definitive account management course.
Ensuring your key accounts are well-managed is essential if maximum profitability is to be achieved. Today’s Key Account Manager needs a clearly defined, timely and dynamic approach to the planning process not just for the present but especially for the future. That is what this course does.
The definition of a “key” account varies widely between organisations. We say that a “key” account is any account or customer that is either large or important to your business and therefore needs actively managing in order to ensure good relations and effective outcomes for both sides. Many of the key principles of account management seem straight forward, however application in the real world of these principles requires great skill and application. This programme looks at the key strategic and operational processes as well as the marketing principles that will enable delegates to get the account management strategy right and develops the account management skills needed to do it.
Who Will Benefit From attending?
This account management training is designed for everyone who manages, is planning to manage, or who wants to understand how to manage, key accounts. Typically delegates who attend are Account Managers, National Account Managers, Key Account Executives and a wide range of other similar titles. Other employees involved in working with large customers, in areas such as technical support and customer liaison, will also find this key account management training useful.
What you will get from attending:
- An understanding of key account management strategic principles and practice
- Techniques for achieving your account goals and objectives
- Proven methods for increasing the penetration throughout the depth and breadth of your accounts
- A broader understanding of how people behave and the impact on buying decisions
- A tool kit of practical ideas to manage and develop your key accounts to their full potential
- To consider the changing role of the Key Account Manager.
- To examine proven practice in the development of sales that depend upon developing partnerships in business.
- To ensure that each delegate is able to capitalise on their personal strengths to develop profitable business.
The Role of a Successful Key Account Manager
An Introduction to Basic Management Principles
- Key skills
The Process of Account Management
The Needs of an Account
- The Hierarchy of Needs
Designing & Presenting Winning Proposals
Preparing Your Strategy
- Strategic Thinking and Strategic Planning
- Creating Strategies Aligned with Business Aims
- Developing Initiatives
- Driving Accounts Using Creativity
Developing Account Plans
- Vision Statements
- Objective Setting
- Actions for Implementation
- Measuring Progress Against Objectives
Marketing Tools for Account Managers
Managing Account Relationships
- How and Why People are Influenced by Different Factors
- Building Relationships with Different People Types
Building Business Partnerships
Managing Account Meetings
- Use Your Agenda to Your Advantage
- Setting Priorities for Account Meetings
- Demonstrating Supplier Success
Creating and Presenting the Persuasive Business case
- Influencing Decision Makers
Negotiating with Accounts
- Maximising Negotiation Opportunities
Testimonials for Account Management
“All areas of the course delivered clearly and with enthusiasm. Excellent course, excellent delivery.” JS, Arctic Circle
“Syle of Presenter was Excellent.” MP, Lutron
“Informative, enjoyable, useful.” BB Jepco
“Loved the course, Barry is very knowledgeable and his training style is excellent.” LK, Amor Group
This is one of Spearheads bookable (open) programmes. It focuses on developing a strategy to allow you to manage and develop a key account and then looks at the operational processes required to ensure effective account management.
From the start of the relationship through to managing existing accounts, the ways that the relationship can be developed and sales increased are looked at. Techniques for improving the depth and breadth of account penetration are covered. The use of proposals, managing accounts meetings, understanding the motivations of buying behaviour – including the emotional influencers - and building buyers need are all examined through participative discussions and specific exercises. Delegates will also learn how to use many of the tools which are important to achieve success. These tools and ideas provide delegates with a focus to grow, maintain and protect accounts in competitive market conditions and demanding expectations.
This is a very practical programme. It includes many exercises that challenge delegates to reflect on how the principles taught can be applied to their key accounts. It is three intensive days, but this ensures that all the key elements can be covered sufficiently. This includes provision of individual guidance, feedback and review from the tutor so that delegates leave with a clear plan of action for implementation.
The tutors selected to run this account manager training programme have many years experience and continue to fulfill an account management function at Spearhead. They can readily relate to the challenges faced by people in this role.
In addition, delegates can take advantage of our post-training help line to discuss any queries that they have when implementing their action plans. This service is provided to help delegates maximise their success following their attendance on account management.
The role of an account manager carries a high level of responsibility. Sending your account managers on one of our account manager courses is, therefore, a very worthwhile investment. It will help to you to maximise success and business performance whilst avoiding the many potential costly mistakes that are easily made.
What is included in the fee?
All materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on this programme.
Day 1 Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Day 2 Start 9 am Finish 5 pm
Day 3 Start 9 am Finish 4.30 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Sales Negotiation Skills - minimise concessions and conclude good deals in tough competitive markets.
- Advanced Sales Skills - Master the challenge of high-level selling
- Presentation Skills - Master techniques for maximum impact
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our Account Management course, then we will refund your course fee.