Enhancing Executive Performance
1 day workshop
This very popular workshop is one of Spearheads specialist secretarial and support programmes. You will not find any other course like it. It has been specifically designed to address the needs of those in a PA position and covers the professional skills a good PA needs to be effective in today’s business environment.
Course Fee: £565 (London) £545 (Regional Training Centre)
Many PA’s receive IT or similar skills training but very few receive training that can help them develop the additional skills needed by a PA so that he/she can contribute towards executive effectiveness. This workshop plugs that gap.
- To develop the professional skills needed in the PA role.
- To enhance your communication and interpersonal skills
- To build recognition for your contributions in the workplace.
What is your Role?
Developing a Professional Image
– Characteristics of a Professional
– Improving your Credibility
– How to Develop Confidence and Self Esteem
How to Take on More Challenging and Responsible Activities
– Taking the Initiative and Making Decisions
– Key Steps to Solving Problems
– Setting Priorities and Smart Goals
– Delegating Creatively
Managing your Boss
Managing More than one Boss
Communication Skills to Enhance Your Value in the Workplace
– Listening Skills
– Giving and Getting Instructions
– Saying No Constructively
Handling Interruptions Well
Reducing and Managing Stress
Goals for Your Job and Career
Who Will Benefit From Attending?
Those in a PA or EA position who want to improve their value to both their manager(s) and their organisation.
For most organisations the most valuable resource is executive performance. This workshop for PAs is about executive teamwork. The PA takes responsibility for much of the organisation and co-ordination of an office. It is a task which calls for tact and diplomacy as well as effective communication skills. A good PA makes an enormous contribution to executive effectiveness and requires numerous professional skills to be successful in this role.
Led by one of our expert tutors, this fun and interactive day provides PAs with the opportunity to examine their current contribution and way of working and challenges them to identify ways to develop themselves to their full potential whilst supporting their manager(s).
The workshop is run at regular intervals in two locations: London and Oxfordshire. Both venues have good accessibility and this makes it easy for PA’s to attend at a time and location that is convenient for them and their manager(s).
The programme starts by looking at the changing role of the PA and some of the issues these changes have created. A good PA interacts with many people at all levels and so must be able to project a professional and credible image at all times. This is not always easy, particularly for those who may be new to a PA position. The do’s and don’ts of portraying a professional image are discussed together with proven methods to boost your confidence in your own abilities.
Being a good communicator is obviously important for the PA and is considered to be one of the key skills needed to succeed. We look at communication from the PA’s perspective, including how to say “no” to people constructively.
Unlike other administrative positions, the PA frequently has to take the initiative, solve problems and make decisions, so techniques and tools for aiding this are discussed.
Perhaps the most popular session is that covering “managing your boss” and “managing more than one boss” where the various problems are discussed and solutions to these problems developed.
In summary, this specialist programme is a great way to invest in your PA. It can be combined with other one day workshops in our secretarial support, and our business skills sections to create a personal development programme.
What is included in the fee?
All support materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on this programme.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
- “Very clear – fantastic.”
- “I really enjoyed the contents of this workshop, all the information was really useful.”
- “Excellent, well run and will prove valuable.”
- “Excellent tutor who spoke from experience”
- “I had an enjoyable day and will take lots of ideas back”
Recommended Follow-on Training
Other one day workshops that help develop the skills needed to succeed in a PA or EA role include:
- Time Management For Support Staff – Improve your personal effectiveness
- Taking Minutes – How to record information from meetings
- Persuading and Influencing Skills – how to reach positive outcomes.
What you will get from attending:
- A better understanding of what is required from the PA in today’s business environment
- The opportunity to share experiences and benchmark best practice
- A host of tips to enhance your contribution and value
- Individual guidance and advice from your tutor to develop your skills