- getting the best from people
A 1-day workshop
One of the key functions of all supervisors and managers is to get the best performance from each member of their team. The main focus of this highly interactive workshop is on the positive actions that supervisors and managers can take to promote good performance.
The workshop starts by identifying the components for positive performance management before moving on to the specific actions that can be taken by the supervisor/manager to promote good performance in the people they directly supervise. The programme moves on to how to run an effective performance review before dealing with the causes of poor performance are identified and the positive actions that can be taken to turn poor performance round.
Throughout this interactive and highly participatory programme delegates are encouraged to identify specific actions to implement on their return to work. Case studies and exercises are used extensively to build skills.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is designed for supervisors and managers who want to achieve high performance from the people they supervise.
What you will get from attending:
- Clear guidelines on positive performance management actions
- Practice of the key skills necessary
- Expert guidance from your trainer to help you resolve any specific concerns you have about improving performance within your team
To enable delegates to get maximum performance from their team by understanding how to apply positive people management techniques.
Positive Performance Management
- Foundations of Good Performance Management
- Whose Responsibility?
- Understanding the Performance Cycle
- The Benefits of Getting it Right
Encouraging Good Performance
- Setting Standards and Expectations
- Effective Monitoring and Control
- Creating the Right Environment
- Motivating People
- Preparation & Planning
- Holding Effective Review Meetings
- Do’s and Don’ts
Turning Poor Performance Round
- Understanding the Causes of Poor Performance
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Taking Positive Action
Case Studies & Practical Exercises
Delegate Action Plans
Testimonials for Positive Performance Management
“Very good course - enjoyable and I learned a lot from it.”
“All of the course was great.”
“Great course. Very useful.”
What is included in the fee?
All support materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on this workshop.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Programmes:
- Persuading and Influencing Skills - how to reach positive outcomes
- Time Management - top techniques for busy people
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our Positive Performance Management, then we will refund your course fee.