- the definitive course for National Account Managers
A 2-day open course
Designed for National Account Managers and Key Account Managers to hone their skills.
It is also suitable for Regional Account Managers and National Account Executives being groomed for NAM status.
Delegates will leave understanding the role and responsibilities of a National Account Manager. The programme provides a clear structure for Business Analysis and Business Planning. Delegates will develop their analytical, commercial and one-to-one presentation skills.
Who will benefit from this course?
Designed for National Account Managers working in the FMCG sector. It is also suitable for Regional Account Managers and National Account Executives being groomed for NAM status.
What you will get from attending:
- A benchmark of your knowledge, skills and general level of competency.
- A proven structure for managing: critical customer information, constructing business plans and sales forecasts, conducting the business interview and the business review with an emphasis on negotiation skills, analysing and evaluating promotional investment
- Individual training and feedback by the tutor to equip you to be a major contributor in your organisation
- The confidence to work with major customers
- To allow delegates to benchmark their knowledge, skills and general level of competency.
- To recognise the role and responsibilities of the National Account Manager.
- To provide delegates with a proven structure for:
- Managing critical customer information
- Constructing business plans and sales forecasts
- Conducting the business interview and the business review with an emphasis on negotiation skills.
- Analysing and evaluating promotional investment.
- To provide the opportunity to practice and develop the above using delegates’ real-life business situations.
The Role, Responsibilities and Accountabilities of a NAM
Critical Customer Information and Account Files
Buyer Needs, Demands and Strategy
Culture and Values
- Becoming a Strategic Supplier
Measuring Value and Trust
Financial Analysis of the Major Customer
Strategic Business Management
The Structured Business Interview
- The Business Review
Negotiations with National Accounts
- Planning the negotiation strategy, valuing concessions
- Analysing the Cost vs. Benefits of promotional investment
Individual Action Plans
Testimonials for National Account Management
"Everyone was kept involved at all times and everyone's needs were very well considered." NH, Attraction World
"All subject areas were dealt with well as they were relevant and real." KD Church & Dwight
""I feel better placed to go forward with my role. The course was paced wonderfully." SB, RC2 UK
"Experiences from the tutor were very good and supported the theory." NS, Kerry Foods
This programme starts with a definition of the role, responsibilties and accountabilities of a NAM. The next section covers the issues concerning customer information and relationships, including the supplier strategy. There then follows a tutorial on the financial analysis of a major customer with practical exercises to cement learning.
The next subject is strategic business management to prepare delegates for the challenge of implementing a strategy for each of their accounts. The programme then moves on to negotiations with tutor input sessions balanced with practical exercises to help delegates absorb the skills and techniques of a good negotiator. All aspects of this subject are covered including a module outlining the difference between negotiating and selling.
To complete the national account training course the subject of promotions is fully explored before each delegate compiles his/her action plans for implementation when they return to work.
In summary, this is the definitive developmental programme for the National Account Manager.
What is included in the fee?
All materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on the programme.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Financial Awareness – everything you need to know about business finance for the non-specialist
- Presentation Skills – master techniques for maximum impact
- Time Management – Top techniques for busy people
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our National Account Management course, then we will refund your course fee.