- master techniques for maximum impact
A 2-day open course
It is widely recognised that speaking to groups is one of the most difficult tasks to accomplish with distinction. Yet mastering the ability to present well can significantly enhance your career.
This presentation skills course will teach you how to prepare and deliver powerful and memorable presentations.
Over the two days delegates are taken through all aspects of preparing and delivering powerful presentations, namely planning and preparation, using notes and memory aids, using visual aids, how to communicate and use the voice, body language, the different styles of presentation, handling questions.
Who will benefit from attending?
Designed for everyone who makes presentations or who wishes to develop their presentation skills. It is suitable for those who make formal presentations to individuals or groups - either with or without a projector or other form of presentation aid - and for those who give talks (such as guest speakers). It is also suitable to those who make presentations to customers or partner organisations.
What you will get from attending:
- A review of the key principles of preparing a presentation
- Expert feedback on how to improve your personal presentation style
- A wealth of tips and development ideas that will make you a better presenter
- To learn how to present powerfully and deliver with confidence.
- To recognise personal strengths and the importance of non-verbal communication.
- To understand the different ways to deal with questions, hecklers and knowledgeable groups and audiences.
- Key Principles
- Planning Considerations
- Understanding Audience Psychology
- Generating a Flow of Creative Ideas
Preparing Your Presentation
- Fitting Together the Pieces
- Using Logic & Sequence
- 10 Good Ways to Start
- Memorable Endings
- Notes and Memory Aids
Preparing & Using Visual Aids
- Visual Aids: Do’s and Don’ts
- Presenting with Powerpoint *TM
- Conquering Nerves and Projecting Confidence
- Projecting Your Voice
- Presenting With Style
- Managing Interruptions
- Dealing With Questions
- Practical Exercises
- Delegate Presentations: Using CCTV with Tutor Feedback
- Self Improvement Techniques For The Future
Personal Action Plans
Testimonials for Presentation Skills:
“The whole course was excellent. It improved my skills" MJ, Johnson Tiles
“Watching myself was embarrassing but SO worthwhile! Constant feedback good also" NM, The Rooflight Company
“Found course very good, great fun as well” LW, EMS
"A very experienced and patient tutor. I very much enjoyed the whole experience" SE, Coster UK
Delegates will need to bring a short presentation with them – either one they are planning to make, have made, or want to make. A good duration for this presentation is around five to six minutes. If delegates normally use their lap-top for their presentations, we recommend that they bring this with them. As this is “Presentations Skills”, normal business dress should be worn.
Delegate numbers are strictly limited on this programme to ensure that each person receives sufficient support and opportunity to practice the techniques taught.
What is included in the fee?
All materials, lunch and refreshments are provided on this programme.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Assertiveness Skills – the art of confident communication
- Project Management Workshop – introduction to project management techniques
- Time Management – top techniques for busy people
If you are not satisfied that you have benefited by attending our Presentation Skills course, then we will refund your course fee.