- techniques and methods of effective planning
A 1-day in-company workshop
“If you fail to plan you are planning to fail…" This workshop is the ideal way for your managers and supervisors to learn and practice the skills of good planning.
This is one of our pre-designed (standard) in company workshops and can be delivered to your managers/supervisors at a venue and on a date of your choice. The workshop takes a structured look at the process of planning and introduces a number of tools and techniques to assist in the planning process. Using a mixture of tutor input, exercises and case studies delegates will be guided through the concepts and principles of effective planning.
If it is not exactly what you are looking for then we can either create a tailored planning skills programme based on our extensive library of standard materials or produce a fully bespoke planning training solution for you. Please call to discuss your needs on +44(0)1608 644144 or use the enquiry form.
What your people will get from attending:
- An understanding of effective planning concepts and principles
- A number of tools and techniques to assist in the planning process that can be applied to a wide variety of situations
- The ability to produce better thought out plans that are more likely to succeed
- To ensure that each delegate understands the principles of effective planning.
- To provide a toolkit of planning techniques that can be applied to a wide variety of situations to assist in the planning process.
The Importance of Planning
- Why Should You Plan?
- Why People Avoid Planning
Understanding the Planning Cycle
Defining the Aim of Your Plan
- Identifying your Goals
- SWOT and Related Tools
- The Goal Matrix
- Affinity Diagrams and Related Techniques
- Tree Diagrams
Selecting the Best Option
Detailed Planning and Scheduling
- The Elements of a Good Plan
- WBS & Flowcharts
- Estimating Resources
- Creating an Action Plan
- GANTT Charts and Load Charts
Checking Your Plan
- Feasibility Checklist
- Scenario Planning & Contingency Planning
- Setting Milestones to Measure Progress
The Logical Framework Approach
Avoiding the Common Planning Pitfalls
Testimonials for Planning Skills Workshop:
“Well paced” AT, Betflair
“Very well presented/explained” JP, Nisson
“Useful course. Thank you very much” GP, TRC
"Very good day and the offer of after course assistance is greatly appreciated" CW, Key traffic Systems