Planning Skills Workshop
Techniques and methods of effective planning
1 day workshop
“If you fail to plan you are planning to fail”… When we are at work we all feel we are ‘busy'; but good companies and organisations make certain their employees are busy ‘doing the right things efficiently and effectively’ – i.e. ‘doing the right things, right’. This one-day workshop is the ideal way to learn and practice the skills of good planning and is a ‘must’ for all managers, supervisors, team leaders and shift leaders.
Course Fee: £565 (London), £545 (Regional Training Centre)
The workshop takes a structured look at the process of planning and introduces a number of tools and techniques to assist in the planning process. Using a mixture of tutor input, exercises and case studies delegates will be guided through the concepts and principles of effective planning.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is suitable for everyone who wants to improve their planning skills. It is a “must” for all managers, supervisors, team leaders and shift leaders – but is also suitable for PAs/EAs, administrative and support staff.
What you will get from attending:
- An understanding of effective planning concepts and principles
- A number of tools and techniques to assist in the planning process that can be applied to a wide variety of situations
- The ability to produce better thought out plans that are more likely to succeed
- To ensure that each delegate understands the principles of effective planning.
- To provide a toolkit of planning techniques that can be applied to a wide variety of situations to assist in the planning process.
The Importance of Planning
– Why Should You Plan?
– Why People Avoid Planning
Understanding the Planning Cycle
Defining the Aim of Your Plan
– Identifying your Goals
– SWOT and Related Tools
– The Goal Matrix
– Affinity Diagrams and Related Techniques
– Tree Diagrams
Selecting the Best Option
Detailed Planning and Scheduling
– The Elements of a Good Plan
– WBS & Flowcharts
– Estimating Resources
– Creating an Action Plan
– GANTT Charts and Load Charts
Checking Your Plan
– Feasibility Checklist
– Scenario Planning & Contingency Planning
– Setting Milestones to Measure Progress
The Logical Framework Approach
Avoiding the Common Planning Pitfalls
Testimonials for Planning Skills Workshop:
“Well paced” AT, Betflair
“Very well presented/explained” JP, Nisson
“Useful course. Thank you very much” GP, TRC
“Very good day and the offer of after course assistance is greatly appreciated” CW, Key traffic Systems
What is included in the fee?
All support notes, lunch and refreshments are provided on this programme.
Start: 10 am Finish 5 pm
Recommended Follow-on Training
- Persuading and Influencing Skills – how to reach positive outcomes
- Time Management – Top techniques for busy people
- Financial Awareness – Everything you need to know for the non-specialist